Subject: Re: (a) new si driver; (b) make coredumping
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Brad Spencer <brad@anduin.eldar.org>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/31/1995 18:33:28
>I too have seen this problem with make, on occasion.  I could not
>easily reproduce it.  A quick look at the core file produced:
>
>	venus# gdb /usr/bin/make make.core
>	GDB is free software [blah blah blah...]
>	Core was generated by `make'.
>	Program terminated with signal 11, Segmentation fault.
>	Reading symbols from /usr/libexec/ld.so...done.
>	Reading symbols from /usr/lib/libc.so.12.3...done.
>	#0  0x17174 in Lst_Concat (l1=0x1dc7e0, l2=0x128ee0, flags=0)
>	    at /home/gwr/src/usr.bin/make/lst.lib/lstConcat.c:146
>	Source file is more recent than executable.
>	146                 if (last != NilListNode) {
>	(gdb) quit
>
>That did not tell me anything obvious, so I rebuilt make with -g and
>have been running that version.  No core dumps yet...
>
>There was a change checked-in for make recently.
>Maybe that fixed it...
>
>In any case, the make problem existed before the new "si" driver.
>
>Gordon

Hello....

I will "third" this... [consulting notes] I'v seen core dumps on a
Sun3/50 booting and running off the network.  It seems to be somewhat
related to the amount of processes, as it appears to happen less in
single user mode.  I also have seen every dynamic executable core
dump, and static ones work.

Brad Spencer - brad@anduin.eldar.org