Subject: si_dorequest: target=0, lun=0, resetting...
To: None <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/29/1995 23:24:01
> Date: Sun, 29 Oct 1995 19:19:36 -0500
> From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>

> I'm having a little trouble with NetBSD/sun3.  It's not the usual
> swap-over-NFS trouble, though. :-)
>
> I'm doing a full rebuild (ie, as if "cd /usr/src ; make build").  But
> it died twice so far, with peculiar behavior.  The first time, there's
> just an unexpected "Segmentation fault - core dumped" in the logfile,
> accompanied by a make.core appearing (and the make failing); however,
> on the console at the same time, I got
>
> 	si_dorequest: target=0, lun=0, resetting...
>
> The console message has appeared twice more to date.  One time it had
> no visible effect on the build; the other time it produced "echo: not
> found" and the make crashed at that point.

The driver is probably not waiting long enough for some phase change,
and then leaving the device busy on the SCSI bus.  The next time it
tries to select a device, it will find the bus stuck busy and reset.
(That's my best guess, anyway.)

I think the new driver deals with this better, by the way...

Gordon