Subject: Lance Rev C ethernet bug
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Alan Gilbert <gilbertd@cs.man.ac.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/26/1995 15:55:33
Hi All,
I've just put NetBSD on a (discless) 3/60 here - all seems fine in normal use.
Its booting off a Sun 4 running SunOS 4.1.3; its running the Generic kernel
(not the discless one) because we need /dev/bpf...

Now I'm trying to run 'rbootd' to boot an HP 9000/340 into NetBSD; it has
to do some fairly low level stuff using /dev/bpf.  When I start 'rbootd'
up we get hundreds of warnings in the log about 'le0: Lance revision C
ehternet bug' and seems to indicate it lost a packet.  Anyway, rbootd isn't
working (the HP doesn't see our system as providing a system for it).

Any advice etc.?

Thanks in advance,
Dave
----------- (Phone: 0161-275-3547) ------------------------ Man can not live  -