Subject: Re: Xterm problem
To: Neal Harvey <nealh@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
From: Rahim Azizarab <ray@tezcat.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/16/1995 23:26:08
On Mon, 16 Oct 1995, Neal Harvey wrote:

> Date: Mon, 16 Oct 1995 17:08:21 +0000
> From: Neal Harvey <nealh@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
> To: port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG
> Subject: Xterm problem
>
> My 3/60 is currently refusing to run Xterm. X starts up, the window
> manager runs, the xclock runs, I can change the backgrounds and so
> on. It appears that the only thing it won't do is run Xterm. If
> I attempt to start one it thinks for a bit then dumps core,
> occasionally shutting down the server and even declaring a
> segmentation fault now and again.
>
> The system is an 8mb 3/60 with a CG4, netbooting from a 486 running
> FreeBSD-2.0.5-RELEASE, with all storage on NFS. In every other
> respect it ticks along quite happily, it just won't run Xterm.
>
> If someone out there could enlighten me, I'd be exceedingly grateful,
>
> Neal Harvey.

How big is your swap space? That is what I would try to increase first.
By the way my own 3/60 decieded to tell me the scsi bus is busy even if I
shut the entire machine down and reboot.  I just hope the scsi chip has
not died.

     .--.  __  .---------     Rahim Azizarab
    / /  \(  )/   ----        1925 S. 3rd Ave
   ////  ' \/ ` ---           Maywood,  IL  60153
  // / / :    :--             708-344-6994
       =UU====UU=             ray@tezcat.com