Subject: Re: Xterm problem
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/16/1995 14:18:26
> My 3/60 is currently refusing to run Xterm.  [...]  If I attempt to
> start one it thinks for a bit then dumps core, occasionally shutting
> down the server and even declaring a segmentation fault now and
> again.

> The system is an 8mb 3/60 with a CG4, netbooting from a 486 running
> FreeBSD-2.0.5-RELEASE, with all storage on NFS. In every other
> respect it ticks along quite happily, it just won't run Xterm.

I recall when I was trying to do a full rebuild on a completely
diskless Sun-3, I saw similar problems: random coredumps and other
failures.  Then I saw some stuff on the lists about trouble swapping to
NFS...I suspect this may be what you're seeing.  (Unfortunately I don't
know more about it.)

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu