Subject: Xterm problem
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Neal Harvey <nealh@aisb.ed.ac.uk>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/16/1995 17:08:21
My 3/60 is currently refusing to run Xterm. X starts up, the window
manager runs, the xclock runs, I can change the backgrounds and so
on. It appears that the only thing it won't do is run Xterm. If
I attempt to start one it thinks for a bit then dumps core,
occasionally shutting down the server and even declaring a
segmentation fault now and again.

The system is an 8mb 3/60 with a CG4, netbooting from a 486 running
FreeBSD-2.0.5-RELEASE, with all storage on NFS. In every other
respect it ticks along quite happily, it just won't run Xterm.

If someone out there could enlighten me, I'd be exceedingly grateful,

Neal Harvey.