Subject: Re: Xwindows help (performance)
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Collatz.McRCIM.McGill.EDU>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/07/1995 15:48:46
>> If the machine is swapping that often, then you need more memory.
[...]
>> Let me guess:  Does machine have only 4M of RAM?

> 'Fraid so - it is a 3/50.  No chance of any more memory on one of
> these....

Actually, I think there is.  I've heard from usually reliable sources
that there exist third-party hardware vendors who sell memory upgrades
for -3/50s.  I've never seen one in action, but I understand it
physically replaces one of the socketed chips on the main board with a
daughterboard holding the original chip, some memory, and (presumably)
some glue logic....

					der Mouse

			    mouse@collatz.mcrcim.mcgill.edu