Subject: Re: Xwindows help
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: Chris Callanan <ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/06/1995 14:42:21
Once upon a time, Gordon W. Ross said to me:

> > From: Jason Thorpe <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
> > Date: Fri, 06 Oct 1995 12:18:51 -0700
> >
> > On Fri, 6 Oct 95 14:08:16 EDT
> >  "Gordon W. Ross" <gwr@mc.com> wrote:
> >
> >  > > While I'm on the subject - when I halt my machine, I complains it can't
> >  > > unmount / - error 16.  It unmounts swap and /usr fine...
> >  >
> >  > Hmmm... Haven't seen that.  Is everything up-to-date?
> >
> > Actually, I see that during the unmount-at-reboot of /, but _only_ when
> > the machine is using an NFS root...both on Sun 3s and hp300s...I've not
> > looked into it yet due to time constraints.
>
> I don't see that even with root on NFS.  I wonder why...
> The error is EBUSY, by the way.  Maybe a quick stop in ddb
> would help (breakpoint in reboot2, then "ps")

i get the same error on my Sun3 with all my partitions over NFS.

i just turn the thing off...  hasnt seemed to cause any problems
yet. :)

--chris

--
  Chris Callanan - CpE major       ccallana@gauss.elee.calpoly.edu
              http://www.elee.calpoly.edu/~ccallana

 Old programmers never die; they just branch to a different address.