Subject: Xwindows help
To: None <ray@tezcat.com>
From: Gordon W. Ross <gwr@mc.com>
List: port-sun3
Date: 10/04/1995 09:58:28
[ discussion of how to boot a diskless NetBSD from a Linux server ]

> Date: Wed, 4 Oct 1995 00:06:55 -0500 (CDT)
> From: Rahim Azizarab <ray@tezcat.com>
[...]
> It takes xkernel it is available at several sun related sites including
> one at colombia.edu. I have down loaded this and I can double check the
> addres but it is something like ftp.a.cs.colombia.edu/pub/xkernel.

Last time I looked, Xkernel was just a "stripped down" copy of SunOS
bundled with the Xsun server, etc.  I would think that would give
Xkernel distribution a somewhat questionable legal status...

Now, if someone wanted to make an Xkernel based on NetBSD/sun3,
then there should be no SunOS ownership problems.

Gordon