Subject: Re: FPU
To: None <thorpej@nas.nasa.gov>
From: Allen Briggs <briggs@puma.bevd.blacksburg.va.us>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/31/1995 20:51:34
>  > starting system logger, time daemon
>  > fpu_emul_type0: unknown: opcode=0xf200, word1=0x4100
>  > Stopped at      0x7d68: fmovl   d0,fp2
>  >
>  > I presume that the problem is that the machine has no fpu.  The config
>  > file has option "FPU_EMULATE".  Is there another option I must invoke?
>
> To my knowledge, FPU emulation isn't completed yet.

It isn't.  If you disable timed, you can boot multi-user, though.
There are a number of Mac users that would be thrilled to see someone
contributing FP operations (and there's one person, actually, who
claims to be working on it, but we haven't seen anything of it, yet).

-allen

--
Allen Briggs - end killing - allen.briggs@bev.net ** MacBSD == NetBSD/mac68k **
   Where does all my time go?  <a href="http://www.netbsd.org/">Guess.</a>