Subject: NetBSD kernel + all SunOS binaries?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: None <frank@fwi.uva.nl>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/28/1995 14:42:27
There's an old Sun3/60 lying around here, so I am going to try to claim it
for me to do some NetBSD testing on it. To show that NetBSD really runs on
Sun3s (believe it or not, some people don't know that ;-)), I was thinking
of booting the machine with a NetBSD kernel, but with the filesystem
still filled with SunOS 4.1.1 binaries (and with COMPAT_SUNOS in the kernel.
It should at least get to single-user that way? It is a usual way of
bootstrapping a port, so I assume that it will work, but I'm just asking to
be sure.

- Frank

P.S. I am not (yet) on this mailing list, so please send any answers directly
     to me.