Subject: diskless 3/50
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/27/1995 17:21:41
I have a Sun 3/60 now happily running NetBSD, and I'm trying to get a
3/50 to netboot from it. I previously had the 3/50 successfully
booting diskless from the 3/60 when it was running SunOS.

Everything seems to be set up properly, but after the boot program is
transfered with tftp, one of two things happens. With the NetBSD
netboot program, I get 'Exception 2C0000000' and it fails. With the
Sun boot.sun3 program, the kernel successfully loads, but then it
fails because exec can't find /sbin/init, the error # is 13, I
think. I've double checked, and sbin/init is in the exported root
filesystem... any ideas?

--
	       Michael K. Sanders :: msanders@confusion.net
      Free your system, and your mind will follow. NetBSD, free UN*X.

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
 time taught the killing game herself