Subject: Re: SCSI tape?
To: J.T. Conklin <jtc@cygnus.com>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 08/02/1995 16:11:24
> I rdump to a -current i386 box with a DAT drive.  Since folks on the
> i386 have mentioned troubles with Exabytes, I think the problem is a
> incompatibility with NetBSD and Exabytes rather than NetBSD/sun3 and
> SCSI tapes in general.

What ROM do users have in the Exabytes?

I've heard that there are two ROM revs - one for SunOS users and one for
everyone else.  Perhaps NetBSD doesn't like the Sun-specific ROM.

Exabytes are, in general, rather cranky (and expensive for what you get).

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key