Subject: Possible to install without SunOS?
To: None <port-sun3@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Michael K. Sanders <msanders@confusion.net>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/15/1995 21:19:05
Okay, it's a little more complicated that the subject. I have a Sun
3/60 that, until quite recently, was running SunOS 4.1.1. For some
bizarre inexplicable reason, /dev/zero stopped working. Now everything
that's dynamically linked dies a horrible death, and life is generally
unpleasant. ;)

I have no way of reinstalling SunOS, and meant to try NetBSD on it
sooner or later, so I figure now's probably a good time. ;) So is
there any way to install a bootable NetBSD/sun3 system on a disk, from
another platform?

If all else fails, I might be able to comandeer a system somewhere to
netboot from, and then install the disk.

--
   ... Michael K. Sanders ... msanders@confusion.net ... NetBSD/Amiga ...

 The Confusion Network :: Creating Chaos out of Anarchy for a Better Tomorrow
 now is the only thing that's real