Subject: Re: How do I get NetBSD on my 3/50?
To: Karl Strickland <karl@bagpuss.demon.co.uk>
From: bryan d. o'connor <bryan@fegmania.wustl.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/15/1995 08:59:54
| I have a spare 3/50 around here Id like to run NetBSD on.  The machine is
| diskless, and so I'd like to boot from a FreeBSD server.  As far as I can
| gather, there is no NetBSD 1.0 binaries for sun3 available.  Whats the best
| way to go about doing this?

you can grab netbsd 1.0a binaries for the sun3 from ftp.netbsd.org in
/pub/NetBSD/arch/sun3.

i *just* got a bunch of 3/60s to boot diskless from FreeBSD 2.0-SNAP-950412.
check out http://www.icon-stl.net/~bryan/sun3.html to read about the
experience and save yourself a lot of trouble.  (hint: you are going to
need the source for freebsd's mountd.)

                                            ...bryan

--
bryan d. o'connor
Software Engineer                                              (314) 935-7048