Subject: Re: Problem with package directory on sun-lamp
To: None <ziff@eecs.umich.edu>
From: John Kohl <jtk@NetBSD.ORG>
List: port-sun3
Date: 06/08/1995 08:34:37
>>>>> "Brian" == Brian Moore <ziff@eecs.umich.edu> writes:

Brian> Could somebody take a look at the mac and sun3 directory in the
Brian> packages/binaries/NetBSD-1.0 directory on sun-lamp.  They are
Brian> empty, and I thought that they were filled with links to m68k8k
Brian> like the amiga directory is.

I knew I forgot to announce something, and this is it....

I recently changed the mac & sun3 "directories" from symlinks to m68k8k
to directories in their own right.  They're unpopulated at the moment
because I don't have any knowledge that the packages involved really
do work on sun3 and macintosh platforms.

If you've personally used a particular package on mac or sun3 and it
worked, please send me mail and I'll add a symlink for that package to
that directory.

I've put a .message file in there explaining this for FTP users.

==John