Subject: Re: mc68881 chips cost $150 (?)
To: None <gwr@mc.com>
From: David Jones <dej@eecg.toronto.edu>
List: port-sun3
Date: 05/07/1995 16:44:08
> I may have been WAY off on the price of those.  (I'm very sorry if
> I raised false hopes!)  The most recent JDR Microdevcies catalog I
> have lists the mc68881 at $150 (but one can probably do better).
>
> Does anybody know of a source of low-cost mc68881 (FPU) chips?

There used to be a place in Bensalem, PA called Memory World.  I think
they're still around, but they've probably moved.

They came to an Amiga trade show a few years back, and had DIPs for $60/meg
when the local dealers wanted $160/meg.  Needless to say, my Amiga got
another 2 meg back then. :-)

They also had a bunch of other things including 68010s and 68881.  Best bet
is to use directory assistance in the PA area and call them up.  They're
most likely to have the best price.

--
David Jones, M.A.Sc student, Electronics Group (VLSI), University of Toronto
           email: dej@eecg.toronto.edu, finger for PGP public key