Subject: Re: Bus errors on -current with certain X11 apps
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Michael-John Turner <mj@turner.org.za>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/02/2007 20:27:08
On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 04:07:18PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> Check if "file /lib/libc.so.12.XXX" outputs something sane - file(1) was
> broken in -current some time ago and confused pkgsrc big time.

After much pain, I finally managed to build an updated release - seems like
flex(1) doesn't like long paths, which bit me due to my convoluted build
filesystem layout. file(1) now works properly :)

In addition, after updating libXfixes, all my pkgsrc shared library woes
went away (2.0.1nb3 wasn't installing the libXfixes SOs which caused all
sorts of trouble - was fixed in nb4). Now to see why pwm and fluxbox give
me bus errors...

-mj
--
Michael-John Turner | http://mjturner.net/