Subject: Re: IPv6 Question...
To: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
From: Robin-David Hammond%KB3IEN <rhammond@databit7.com>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/09/2006 01:21:27
upon seeing how it 'messes up' pkgadd we would be more likely to fix your
problem. as for disabling any version of IP in the kernel. I have never
known anyone try that.

  On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Greg Evans wrote:

> Date: Sat, 08 Jul 2006 18:18:04 -0700
> From: Greg Evans <greg.evans7@verizon.net>
> To: port-sparc64@NetBSD.org
> Subject: IPv6 Question...
>
> Hi,
>
> Have been searching around the net for a way to disable IPv6 without
> recompiling the kernel but have found no information thusfar. Ithought that
> perhaps I could do it using sysctl but that doesn't 'seem' to work either as
> I still have an IPv6 address when I check with ifconfig.
>
> I admittedly do not understand IPv6 enough to know what I am looking at, but
> what I do know is that it seems to mess up pkg_add and the like for me, so I
> would like to turn it off somehow.
>
> Thanks in advance for any help that can be given :)
>
> Greg

I have made this tar.bz2 longer (-6), because I lacked the cycles to make it shorter (-9).

Robin-David Hammond	KB3IEN
 	www.aresnyc.org.