Subject: Re: NetBSD-current disklabel problems
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Raymond Meyer <raymond.meyer@rambler.ru>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 07/07/2006 12:24:22
On Fri, 7 Jul 2006 08:45:10 +0200
Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de> wrote:

> On Fri, Jul 07, 2006 at 12:41:39AM +0100, Raymond Meyer wrote:
> > something like 'rsd0c input/output error', I've tried it with 3 different
> > disks and the same error every time.
>
> Do those disks already have a (Solaris?) disklabel? If so, could you try to
> zero the first few sectors with dd before trying the install?
>
> Martin

I did zero the first few sectors, still the same problem, so I exited into
command line and ran:

disklabel -w -r -f /tmp/disktab sd0 'mydisk'

this gave me "input/output error"

so I ran the same command again, on the 2nd run is succeeded!!?? So my guess is
there is a bug somewhere.

Also back space key does not work in sysinstall, after much time wasting I
discovered something like CTRL-H would do what back space was supposed to do.

Once I labeled the disk and started installing, I was dropped into kernel
debugger during the extaction of the first set, so haven't made much progress.

By the way, I was installing 32-bit userland, I've done it before and it used
to work...