Subject: Re: Re: LSI21320 bootable ?
To: NetBSD/sparc64 <port-sparc64@NetBSD.org>
From: Joel CARNAT <joel@carnat.net>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/21/2006 21:35:10
--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

On Fri, Apr 21 2006 - 12:21, Michael wrote:
> Hello,
>=20
> > does anyone know if LSI21320 are bootable from sparc64 machines
> > (thinking of U5 ;). according to it's doc: LSI Logic SOlaris SPARC
> > capable Fusion-MPT host bus adapters have FCode resident on board,
> > allowing operation under Sun Microsystem's OpenBoot console.
> > http://www.lsilogic.com/files/docs/techdocs/storage_stand_prod/Software=
/user_guide-fusionmpt_fcode_ug.pdf
>=20
> If it has fcode it should be bootable. Not sure what they mean by
> 'Solaris SPARC capable' - different variant of the card that comes with
> fcode? Or 'capable' as in 'Solaris knows how to handle it' ? There's
> only one way to find out I guess.
>=20
> > I would like feedback about it booting from sparc64 before stopping my
> > sparc64 and plugging the card (because this sun machine does a lot's
> > of things in my network ;)
>=20
> Come on, NetBSD/sparc64 boots fairly quick and I think your chances to
> get this working are pretty good ;)
>=20

OK... the card is pluggued but not recognised from the PROM:
ok show-disks
a) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/cdrom
b) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ide@3/disk
c) /pci@1f,0/pci@1,1/ebus@1/fdthree@14,3023f0
q) NO SELECTION=20
Enter Selection, q to quit: q

Digging LSIlogic.com, I found http://lsionline2.lsil.com/esupport/esupportl=
si/consumer/esupport.asp?id=3Ddf5e2624-235e-4874-b863-26fc6321d254&resource=
=3D&number=3D2&isExternal=3D0&nShowFacts=3D&nShowCause=3D&nShowChange=3D&nS=
howAddInfo=3D&activepage=3Dstatement.asp&bForceMatch=3DFalse&strCurrentSymp=
tom=3D&searchtype=3Dnormal&searchclass=3DQuickSearch&bnewsession=3Dfalse&se=
lecttype=3Dmatch
which states: "The Sun Ultra 5 and Sun Ultra 10 machines have 5-Volt only P=
CI slots."
(...) "LSI Logic Ultra 320 SCSI HBAs work in all Sun SPARC systems except t=
he Sun Ultra 5 and the Sun Ultra 10."

I'm building a kernel containing mpt driver to check if it is a PROM issue =
only or if the PCI
voltage causes my U5 not to see the card.

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7

--1yeeQ81UyVL57Vl7--