Subject: Re: RAIDframe boot problems
To: None <tron@zhadum.org.uk>
From: Takeshi Nakayama <tn@catvmics.ne.jp>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 04/15/2006 00:46:38
>>> Matthias Scheler <tron@zhadum.org.uk> wrote

> I'm trying to boot NetBSD-sparc 3.0_STABLE on a Tadpole Voyager (a machine
> similar to an ULTRA10) from a RAIDframe RAID 1. All four physical disks
> (wd0 to wd3) are layed out like this:

(snip)

> But booting of the RAID 1 doesn't work:
>
> Rebooting with command: boot -s
> Boot device: /pci@1f,0/pci@1/ide@3/disk@0,0  File and args: -s
> NetBSD IEEE 1275 Bootblock
> .Inode not directory
> Fast Data Access MMU Miss
>
> Any idea what is wrong?

sparc64 bootblock looks for FFS1 magic number in normal offset
first, then skip RAIDframe protected sectors to look for magic
number (see line 443- of sys/arch/sparc/stand/bootblk/bootblk.fth).

So I guess your disk still have FFS1 magic number (0x011954) in
normal offset (0x00255c).

See also thread started from:
    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2004/12/11/0000.html

-- Takeshi Nakayama