Subject: Re: USB keyboard and Sun Blade 100?
To: Philip Jensen <philip.jensen@solnetsolutions.co.nz>
From: Jonathan Perkin <jonathan@perkin.org.uk>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 09/08/2004 10:11:42
* On 2004-09-08 at 09:38 BST, Philip Jensen wrote:

> I have trawled the 'net, and the NetBSD mailing lists but so far have
> been unable to find anyone who has managed to get the USB keyboard
> working with a Sun Blade 100 so it could be used as a workstation
> (with X, etc).  I have seen many references to it "being possible with
> 2.0_BETA", etc.

I managed to get the USB keyboard working on a Blade100 I had:

    http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-sparc64/2004/05/27/0003.html

however I no longer have access to that machine.

X support is still a long way off as I understand it, but you will be
able to install from CD using the keyboard and utilise the console for
basic stuff (although the colourmap is screwed and the machfb console is
extremely slow).

Cheers,

--
Jonathan Perkin                                       The NetBSD Project
http://www.perkin.org.uk/                         http://www.netbsd.org/