Subject: Re: CDROM drives
To: port-sparc64@netbsd.org, Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk>
From: Andrew Basterfield <bob@cemetery.homeunix.org>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 01/25/2003 19:16:09
--=.Q+xhL2'NHLwzXR

On Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:21:12 +0000 (GMT)
Antonio Prioglio <a.prioglio@city.ac.uk> wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Jan 2003, Geoff Blake wrote:
>
> > When I had this need, albeit on earlier Sun equipment, I bought
> > (second hand) a 2X CDROM in a 411 case and fitted a new SCSI CDRW
> > drive in the case. I guess the same would hold true with an Ultra 5.
> >

> Apart from the fact that U5s have no SCSI ...
>
> BTW does anybody knows what kind of IDE cdrom is compatible with
> U5/10? Google does not offer interesting cues ... (apart buy one)

I wasn't able to boot my U5 from a CD-RW, but then again I wasn't able
to boot my PC from it either.

I successfully booted by ultra 5 from my vanilla LG 32x cdrom borrowed
from my PC.

I think if it will boot a PC it should boot a U5

--Andrew

--=.Q+xhL2'NHLwzXR

--=.Q+xhL2'NHLwzXR--