Subject: Ultra 10, anyone?
To: None <port-sparc64@netbsd.org>
From: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
List: port-sparc64
Date: 08/22/2002 11:47:53
Has anyone successfully rebuild NetBSD 1.6(branch) on a Ultra 10?

Using the latest snapshot from releng.netbsd.org, I get lots of "signal
11"s during compilation. I'v replaced the machine's RAM (4*256 -> 4*64),
but that didn't make any differences.

I have set diag-switch? to 'true' in the PROM, and the power-up selftest
showed the RAM is on (in both configs, 256MB and 64MB modules).

For building the system, I have this in /etc/mk.conf:

	HOST_CFLAGS=    -O0
	CFLAGS=         -O0

I also tried setting this to en empty string, no difference.

I'd like to use the machine for production use soon, but with the current
state, there's no way to get near that.

Any clues?

 - Hubert

* Basics -> http://www.onlamp.com/pub/a/onlamp/2001/05/24/ipv6_tutorial.html