Re: errror while installing/replacing python 3.10

Hi Greg.

Greg Troxel wrote:
> as always, pkg_rr chooses an order to run make replace, nothing more.
> With multiversion packages, pkglint doesn't cope, and pkg_rr further
> doesn't.  So after you flip to python default 3.11, it's a mess and you
> need to remove packages manually.  But absent having python packages
> with nondefault version, etc. it should be ok.

I didn't "flip" anything.. I hate python and if it is there, it is
because packages pull in whatever they want. Indeed it is becoming a
sort of "mix" (or mess...).

> As always, run
>   pkg_admin check
>   pkg_admin rebuild-tree

re-run them, one never knows....

> and resolve any issues.  (These are of course about your packages, not
> about pkg-rr.)
>
> Then use -v, and save the output.  Figure out what package it is
> replacing and then either:

I traced the log again and am able to reproduce it "outiside" pkg-rr as
you want. The issue is ugrading icu, which pulls in python10

===> Installing binary package of python310-3.10.9
original MD5 checksum failed, not deleting:
/usr/pkg/lib/python3.10/test/decimaltestdata/dqFMA.decTest
original MD5 checksum failed, not deleting:
/usr/pkg/lib/python3.10/test/decimaltestdata/dqRemainder.decTest
*** Error code 1

pkg_info lists only python38 as installed.

legolas$ ls -d /usr/pkg/lib/py*
/usr/pkg/lib/python3.10   /usr/pkg/lib/python3.8

shows some "vestiges" of python 3.10... what should I do

I tried the hard way, "rm -rf" of those vesitges" and now resumed and
python 3.10 was successfully installed!

I resumed building and I still have python issues... I will report about
that separately.

Riccardo