Subject: Sparc Station 5, Sparc Station 10 available
To: NetBSD Sparc Users List <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 07/27/2007 12:44:25
Hello NetBSD Developers and Users,

My name is Ted, and I have an SS5 and an SS10 with two processors
installed available to the NetBSD community.  Systems are located in
Portland Oregon.  Both post.  I've copied below what I could capture of
initial post messages last night.  For the SS10 I was able to reach an OBP
via minicom and execute the `test-all` command.

For the SS5 I couldn't get the same response or reach the OPB remotely
over serial port A, hence no `test-all` output available today.  I would
like to know what key or key-combo via a typical PC101 or PC104 keyboard
over serial line emulates the 'CTRL-STOP-A' combination available on older
Sun keyboards.

The SS5 does post and in fact boots Debian to the point of a login prompt,
for what that is worth.  Systems will be sent with hard drives wiped or no
hard drives.

I'd like to find these systems new users and homes.  I volunteer at
www.freegeek.org, and it is thanks to this community non-profit that a
certain amount of Sun hardware is available before going to the landfills.

I'm happy to package and mail systems to recipients who will pay for the
shipping.  I don't ask any money in return, but do request that you
consider making a donation of $5 per system to FreeGeek to support their
work.

There are several more class M stations on hand at FreeGeek.  If I can
find homes for these two or have requests for more I'll test and post them
to the list also.

- Ted
                                     -   O
Portland State Aerospace Society  -   _<_\_  FreeGeek Community Center
http://psas.pdx.edu                  W >\_     http://www.freegeek.org
ted@cs.pdx.edu                      ( ) ( )           ted@freegeek.org

First captured output, SS10:

            SMCC SPARCstation 10/20 UP/MP POST version VRV3.45 (09/11/95)

CPU_#0       TI, TMS390Z55(3.0)       1Mb External cache
CPU_#2       TI, TMS390Z55(3.0)       1Mb External cache

CPU_#1       ******* NOT installed *******
CPU_#3       ******* NOT installed *******

SPARCstation 10 MP (2 X 390Z55), No Keyboard
ROM Rev. 2.25, 192 MB memory installed, Serial #3253409.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:1d:36:a2, Host ID: 7231a4a1.

Can't open boot device

Type  help  for more information
<#0> ok test-all
Testing /memory@0,0
Testing Memory -
Testing /obio/SUNW,fdtwo@0,700000
Testing floppy disk system.  A formatted disk should be in the drive.
Recalibrate failed.  The floppy drive is either missing,
improperly connected, or defective.
Selftest failed. Return code = -1
Testing /obio/zs@0,0
No Keyboard
Selftest failed. Return code = -1
Testing /obio/zs@0,100000
  !"#$%&'()*+,-./0123456789:;<=>?@ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ[\]^_`abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz{|}~Testing /iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/cgsix@2,0
Testing /iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/ledma@f,400010/le@f,c00000

Using AUI Ethernet Interface
  Internal loopback test -- succeeded.
  External loopback test -- Lost Carrier  (transceiver cable problem?)
send failed.

Using TP Ethernet Interface
  Internal loopback test -- succeeded.
  External loopback test -- Lost Carrier  (transceiver cable problem?)
send failed.
Selftest failed. Return code = -1
Testing /iommu@f,e0000000/sbus@f,e0001000/espdma@f,400000/esp@f,800000
<#0> ok power-off

Second captured output, SS5:

MB86907 POST 2.2.3 03SEP96

Probing system memory: 32 32  0  0  0  0  0  0
Config = 8800000A
512Kb ecache detected
1.1.1  mem    ram          walking ones             Pass
1.1.2  mem    ram          address                  Pass
1.1.3  mem    ram          post r/w region          Pass
1.1.4  mem    ram          obp r/w region           Pass
1.2.1  mem    control      parity                   Pass
2.1.1  srmmu  regs         read/write               Pass
2.2.1  srmmu  ram          io-tlb                   Pass
2.2.2  srmmu  ram          d-tlb                    Pass
2.2.3  srmmu  ram          pdt cache                Pass
3.1.1  iommu  reg          read/write               Pass
3.1.2  iommu  reg          flush individual         Pass
3.1.3  iommu  reg          flush all                Pass
3.2.1  iommu  timeout      ebus                     Pass
3.2.2  iommu  timeout      sbus                     Pass
4.1.1  fpu    reg          regfile                  Pass
4.1.2  fpu    reg          misalign                 Pass
4.1.3  fpu    reg          single precision         Pass
4.1.4  fpu    reg          double precision         Pass
4.2.1  fpu    exceptions   single precision         Pass
4.2.2  fpu    exceptions   double precision         Pass
5.1.1  cache  dcache       ram                      Pass
5.1.2  cache  dcache       address                  Pass
5.1.3  cache  dcache       tag                      Pass
5.1.4  cache  dcache       clear                    Pass
5.2.1  cache  icache       ram                      Pass
5.2.2  cache  icache       address                  Pass
5.2.3  cache  icache       tag                      Pass
5.2.4  cache  icache       clear                    Pass
5.3.1  cache  ecache       ram                      Pass
5.3.2  cache  ecache       address                  Pass
5.3.3  cache  ecache       tag                      Pass
5.4.1  cache  snoop        ram                      Pass
6.1.1  i/o    counters     processor user timer     Pass
6.1.2  i/o    counters     processor counter        Pass
6.1.3  i/o    counters     system counter           Pass
6.2.1  i/o    lance        getid                    Pass
6.2.2  i/o    lance        csr                      Pass
6.2.3  i/o    lance        rap                      Pass
6.2.4  i/o    lance        rdp                      Pass
6.3.1  i/o    esp          register r/w             Pass
6.3.2  i/o    esp          config reg               Pass
6.3.3  i/o    esp          fifo access              Pass
6.3.4  i/o    esp          command reg              Pass
6.4.1  i/o    pp           register access          Pass
6.4.2  i/o    pp           io readback              Pass
6.4.3  i/o    pp           tcr readback             Pass
6.5.1  i/o    tod          regs test                Pass
6.5.2  i/o    tod          nvram access             Pass
7.1.1  intr   regs         sys                      Pass
7.1.2  intr   regs         proc                     Pass
7.2.1  intr   software     interrupts disabled      Pass
7.2.2  intr   software     interrupts enabled       Pass
7.2.3  intr   software     multi                    Pass
7.3.1  intr   pp           Interrupts               Pass
7.4.1  intr   timer        system counter           Pass
7.4.2  intr   timer        process counter          Pass
8.1.1  dma    apc          bypass                   Pass

SPARCstation 5, No Keyboard
ROM Rev. 2.29, 64 MB memory installed, Serial #8871576.
Ethernet address 8:0:20:87:5e:98, Host ID: 80875e98.