Subject: Re: Installing on Ross-processor systems
To: Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu>
From: khaqq <khaqq@free.fr>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/26/2006 17:49:13
On Thu, 26 Jan 2006 08:25:36 -0800 (PST)
Ted Havelka <ted@cs.pdx.edu> wrote:

> Hello NetBSD community,
>
> Are there any or many issues I should prepare for as I go to install
> NetBSD from CD onto a four-processor, Sparc 10, which has Ross processors
> installed?
>
> Will the pre-compiled binaries typically function, or will I want or need
> to take some additional steps in terms of configuring and building the
> kernel and other software parts of the system?

NetBSD will work out of the box, however, with 4 HyperSparcs in a Sparc 10,
you should be very aware of power and thermal issues. It is quite possible
to kill the SS10 mainboard if the system is not cooled properly.

http://mbus.sunhelp.org/systems/sun/ss10.htm#h
http://mbus.sunhelp.org/systems/sun/ss10.htm#t

khaqq