Subject: 1.6.1 pcmcia broken? nell sbus bridge, wavelan
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.org>
From: None <joe@filthyhumanscum.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/21/2003 12:33:58
When I upgraded to 1.6.1 and recompiled my kernel I ran into an error previously documented at http://www.netsys.com/netbsd-port-sparc/2003/06/msg00024.html back in June.  I tried this source patch and I was able to get the kernel to compile properly however, when booting, my wavelan fails to init:

nell0 at sbus0 slot 2 offset 0x0 level 4 (ipl 7) level 7 (ipl 13): rev 1
pcmcia0 at nell0 socket 0
pcmcia1 at nell0 socket 1
wi0 at pcmcia1 function 0: Lucent Technologies, WaveLAN/IEEE, Version 01.01
wi0:wi0: command timed out, cmd=0x0
wi0: init failed
wi0: failed to attach controller

If you follow that thread there's additional information stating that, among other things, it should be fixed in -current.  I've strayed away from -current as this machine is a production box in my small but needed environment.  Also heeding others warnings regarding -current in it's state at this time.  The wlan isn't a necessity at the moment, however.  Can anyone provide any additional insight?  Also, please feel free to let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree...

The system is a SparcStation 5, 110mhz with 128 megs of ram.  I have a nell SBUS<->PCMCIA bridge and a WaveLAN Silver 802.11b card.  All of this was working previously in 1.6

Thanks for any help you can provide

- Joe