Subject: Re: How to hang differential scsi drive tray off single ended sun sbe card?
To: Kurt J. Lidl <lidl@pix.net>
From: Geoff Adams <gadams@avernus.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/06/2003 20:25:55
On Tuesday, Aug 5, 2003, at 22:06 US/Eastern, Kurt J. Lidl wrote:

>> I don't think there is any opensource software that runs the one
>> sun differential adapter that I am aware of.
>
> The ISP driver probably will run on a UD/WIS controller from Sun.
> Certainly the driver in BSD/OS on the SPARC ran both the single and
> differential versions of the controller.

Indeed, NetBSD supports both an ISP (1020, is it?) differential
fast-wide SBus card and the Sun DSBE (which is narrow). I use both in
SS20s. No problem whatsoever. I can look up the model numbers when I
get home, if you like. But I would certainly expect the same of any
other HVD version of a supported SBus SCSI card. In fact, the thought
never crossed my mind that either of these cards wouldn't work. :)

- Geoff