Subject: Apache 2 and panic (pv_link: pv_pool exhausted)
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: kirilka <kirilka@macrules.ru>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/04/2003 00:51:46
Hi all.

I would like to update a pair of trusty Sparcstations 5 (currently under
NetBSD 1.5) - install NetBSD 1.6, and update all server packages (sendmail,
popper, bind, majordomo, etc).

I make clean install of 1.6, and install Apache 2.0.44.
Stress-testing system with ab utility (from apache suite) i've got kernel
panic - "pv_link: pv_pool exhauste" and it hangs on "syncing disks".
Not only with my kernels, but with generic too.
It's easily reproducible - from any machine on your net "ab -n 1000 -c 100
your_sparc_url".

Any ideas?

PS
Testing with Apache 1.3.2.6 i can get usual "mclpool limit reached; increse
NMBCLUSTERS", which isn't so critical as kernel panic and can be fixed in
kernel options.

kirilka@macrules.ru
--
I meant "0", not "O", (but read the man page).