Subject: re: hypersparc MP testers?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/13/2003 21:12:40
   At 0:11 Uhr -0800 13.1.2003, Simon J. Gerraty wrote:
   >So it booted single user ok, but when I tried to run fsck -p it died.
   >Possibly interesting stuff:

   Note that after the commits of the last two days, my ss10 (2x SM71) shows
   the same behaviour - console flooded with

   xcall(cpu0,0xf0007940): couldn't ping cpus: cpu1
   xcall(cpu1,0xf0007940): couldn't ping cpus: cpu0

   while going multiuser, and eventually breaking into ddb because some lock
   was held when it should be not, or was freed when it shouldn't, or
   something.

   Before that, an SMP kernel survived a www/phoenix build with a mac68k cross
   build in parallel, but reproducibly paniced with heavy network activity
   (amanda server). The latter may or may not be an SMP issue, see pr#19831.

_this_ xcall() problem goes away without LOCKDEBUG....