Subject: Re: SCSI/ethernet on SS5?
To: Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
From: Steve Tremblett <sjt@cisco.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/05/2002 10:19:33
+---- Steve Tremblett wrote:
| I just bought a SCSI/ethernet multifunction sbus card (part 501-2015)
| but I can't seem to get the ethernet working.  Device le1 is detected,
| and at boot time it says "carrier lost" - I didn't have it wired so I
| thought nothing of it.  Last night I connect a cable, but still no
| carrier and no link light on my hub either.

Thanks for the suggestions all, but it somehow works now (??)

I haven't had a chance to go back to it after my original posting.  I
had to undo the wiring I had done to make my home PC work again and had
accidentally left the wire in le1 (the problem card).  I go to boot to
look for the things you told me about and voila - the interface is up
and working fine.  We'll see how it goes with both interfaces wired.

--
Steve Tremblett