Subject: Re: Mozilla@sparc?
To: Hauke Fath <hauke@Espresso.Rhein-Neckar.DE>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/24/2002 11:36:47
[ On Sunday, June 23, 2002 at 22:57:07 (+0200), Hauke Fath wrote: ]
> Subject: Mozilla@sparc?
>
> does anyone successfully run the current Mozilla package on NetBSD/sparc?

I had some 0.9 release running fine on 1.5W but I've since de-installed
it because I was going to build a newer version, but I haven't got
around to doing so yet.

> On an SS10, I can start e.g. the mail client. But when the html browser
> window comes up, it attempts to load the www.mozilla.org start page and
> then dies quick and silently -- no core, no error message on the console.

What's the exit code?  (I have my kernel modified to always log every
abnormal process death at some level or another, but I'm not sure the
stock one does that.  However the exit code of the process should tell
you, at least superficially, what the cause of death was.

What happens if you start the browser only?

> Ah, and the sparc equivalent of alt-gr didn't work either (X server on
> mac68k). No @{}[]...

Does it work in any oter X11 application?

--
								Greg A. Woods