Subject: Re: miniroot.fs too small
To: Luke Mewburn <lukem@wasabisystems.com>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 06/08/2002 21:37:39
On Sun, 9 Jun 2002, Luke Mewburn wrote:

# There's something strange about your system.

Yeh, I'm starting to think that, too.  I'm going to upgrade as soon as I
can get it built.

# I just cross build a sparc release (from i386) without hassle.
# My cross-built kernels are 1/2 the size of your kernels.

That is SO odd.

# There's no need to add the various tooldirs to the path.  You can also
# share tooldirs between different target builds.  So, in your system
# you could add
# 	-T /build/tools
# and then just add /build/tools/bin to your path, or run
# /build/tools/bin/nbmake-$MACHINE directly,  or just use build.sh and
# don't add it at all.

Things are becoming clearer...

...but build.sh won't work for me unless I specify the tooldir.

# Well, we could take umbrage.  Or we could just say "we spent a lot of
# time trying to debug & reproduce this, had no luck, lost interest..."

Understood.  Thank you very much for your time.  I will rebuild my system
and try again (let's see what happens with 1.6A).

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: If you look through Windows