Subject: Re: Upgrading from 1.5.2 to -current?
From: Joachim Thiemann <Joachim.Thiemann@courrier.usherb.ca>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/16/2002 10:34:09
--=-krlCmvg4fgWa+stUNxsl

I'm also tryint to build -current, but on a SS4, and I just installed
the 1.5.3 alpha snapshot (20020317, IIRC).

I'm compiling with
"./build.sh -d -D /home/joachim/NetBSD/build -R
/home/joachim/NetBSD/release -u"
where /home is NSF mounted on a Linux box (since the SS4 only has a 1Gig
drive)
I had to enable root-to-root mapping on the NSF share (dangerous, but
this is on an apartment network behind a NetBSD firewall connected to
the DSL) since the build process will do some chown-ing, and I also had
to create (this morning, before heading to work) the named(or something
like that) user and group - the build unceremoniously fails if those are
not present.

When I'm back home this evening I'll find out if there are any other
problems :-) (chuggachuggachugga....)

Joe.
--=20
Joachim Thiemann     Joachim.Thiemann@courrier.usherb.ca
Speech and Audio Coding Research Group
Department of Electrical & Computer Engineering
University of Sherbrooke
Sherbrooke (Quebec)  J1K 2R1  CANADA

--=-krlCmvg4fgWa+stUNxsl

--=-krlCmvg4fgWa+stUNxsl--