Subject: Re: CG14 code
To: None <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Michael Ritzert <mjr@turbo.su.shuttle.de>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/30/2001 09:20:22
Volker Borchert writes:
 > In message <15244.34585.318525.219285@merapi.chaos.nonet> you write:
 >
 > |> This is probably a good idea. Nevertheless, i remember having read
 > |> that sparc linux has at least some support for 24 bit graphics cards
 > |> (ZX and Creator, both unaccelerated, ZX even working in sun4c
 > |> machines).
 >
 > THAT'd indeed be great.
 >
 > |> Why is it not possible to borrow code from there?
 >
 > GPL?

I don't know. I just read this as result of a google research while i
was checking the OS possibilities for my ZX based sparc. For
simplicity, i decided to put the card into my ss10 clone and run it
with solaris 7 (which also gives me the possibility to use the ISDN
port of the box).

At present i have a SS2 clone left (with cg3/cg6 graphics) which i
could use for experiments if i get another REALLY CHEAP ZX card. What i
already know is that the ZX can be run in console mode in this box
without problems.

Michael