Subject: Re: Solaris emul with nfs.
To: Jonathan Eisch <jeisch@boku.net>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 12/11/1999 13:09:52
On Sat, 11 Dec 1999, Jonathan Eisch wrote:

# Hi All,
#
# I've been working long and hard to get solairs emulation running, and I
# finally decided I need to ask someone.  Here is what I have:
# A SparcStation 5 running Solaris 7, and a SparcClassic netbooting NetBSD
# off from the solaris box.  They are on the same lan.
#
# Because I'm low on disk space 167mb free, I'd like to use NFS so I only
# have one copy of the files.
#
# What steps would I need to take in order to do Solaris emulation on the
# Classic using the solaris files from the SS5?

man 8 compat_solaris, for starters.

ss5.solaris# share -F nfs -o ro,anonuid=0 /usr
ss5.solaris# share -F nfs /

classic.netbsd# mkdir -p /emul/svr4
classic.netbsd# mount ss5:/ /emul/svr4
classic.netbsd# mount ss5:/usr /emul/svr4/usr

Make sure you have

	options COMPAT_SVR4

in your kernel config file.

This should hopefully get you started in the right direction.

#
# Thanks in advance,
# -Jonathan
#

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD: "Progress on your system is closer than it appears."