Subject: Re: Problems with NetBSD 1.4.1+ on Sparc 5
To: Brian Buhrow <buhrow@lothlorien.nfbcal.org>
From: David Brownlee <abs@mono.org>
List: port-sparc
Date: 11/19/1999 12:26:15
	[ problems with a NetBSD/sparc 1.4.1+ sparc5, 2 9GB disks ccd
  	  striped running inn, panicing at least every six hours ]

	Probably software. Just curious, are you running nfs (client or
	server) or any other services on the machine.

	To alleviate the coredumps filling up the disk you can disable
	savecore or tweak /var/crash/minfree (just a bandaid)

	To try to debug it further you can either enable DDB, and then
	get a backtrace when it crashes, or see

http://www.netbsd.org/Documentation/kernel/index.html#debugging_a_kernel_crash_dump

		David/absolute