Subject: Re: your mail
To: Reinoud Zandijk <zandijk@cs.utwente.nl>
From: Eduardo E. Horvath <eeh@one-o.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/30/1999 09:03:44
On Thu, 30 Sep 1999, Reinoud Zandijk wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> On Wed, 29 Sep 1999, Eduardo E. Horvath wrote:

> > It's not easy to build a snapshot when your compiler dumps core every
> > other file 8^).
>
> What about cross-compiling it on a NetBSD/Alpha ?? As far as I know, it's
> ideally suited since it's a 64 bits proc. too..

1) I don't have one.

2) Endianness issues.

3) egcs is buggy, so I doubt it will help any.  Actually, it seems to be
more stable in 32-bit mode, where the C++ compiler will run (sometimes)
and the optimizer it the part that's prone to failure.

Eduardo Horvath				eeh@one-o.com
	"I need to find a pithy new quote." -- me