Subject: Re: Behavior of DTR changed between 1.3.3 and 1.4.1???
To: NetBSD/sparc Discussion List <port-sparc@netbsd.org>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 09/28/1999 22:58:54
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999, Greg A. Woods wrote:

# [ On Wednesday, September 29, 1999 at 00:36:56 (GMT), Christos Zoulas wrote: ]
# > I think that Grey Wolf is right here. RS232 was defined for TTL voltages.
# > RS422 which is the most common form we see today is differential.
#
# Nope, Bill Studenmund was right.  RS232 did arrive on the scene at about
# the same time as TTL, but they didn't use the same signal levels.

Yep.  Me wrong.  But that's how me learn, innit?

[I did, after all, state that "I think...".  Why would I think this,
 I wonder.  Maybe it was the LEDs on the breakout boxes (what resistors?)]