Subject: Re: Xsun works (kind of) Tadpole 3GX
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: James Garnett <garnett@bogus.cs.colorado.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/02/1999 11:47:19
...and meanwhile back in Gotham City, Matt Thomas (matt) wrote:
> As of this afternoon, the standard Xsun server works (albeit with
> no colormap support) on the Tadpole 3GX.  So you have run with the
> defaults colormap the prom set up.  But it's enough to have twm
> and xterms running (although with just blue & white).

I've compiled a -current kernel with your p9100.c driver from

 /*      $NetBSD: p9100.c,v 1.2 1999/08/01 06:27:00 matt Exp $ */

and it seems to work pretty groovy, with the exception the colormap (which
you mentioned) and the mouse (which doesn't work).  The mouse is stuck
in the center of the screen, which indicates that it just isn't being
found by the stock NetBSD Xsun.

Even in this state it's usable, since I just have a single window that
pops up and is under the pointer (and therefore in mouse focus), and this
window is of course a lot faster than even the raster console.

I seem to have four colors: #000 == blue, and two others, white as background
in the xterm, black as foreground, and some kind of sickly pale green in
the twm title bar.

~james