Subject: re: NetBSD 1.3.3 boot floppy
To: Mats Sandstrom <tober@sdf.se>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/10/1999 23:38:42
On Sat, 9 Jan 1999, matthew green wrote:

> the bootable sparc floppy is unfortunately not available for
> this release of NetBSD, although you can almost certainly use
> an existing one to do this install.  the latest NetBSD/sparc
> snapshot has a bootable floppy included, see
>
> 	ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/arch/sparc/snapshot/19990103

Just to clarify, I think he means (and is correct in saying that)
you can use this boot floppy to do a 1.3.3 install.

However, I'd like to note that this snapshot seems pretty darn
stable, and I think it runs the 1.3.3 X11 binaries just fine. (If
not, it just needs compatability libs, which you can get from the
1.3.3 base.tgz or I can send you. I'm hoping to have a new X11 for
that snapshot available soon, anyway.)

cjs
--
Curt Sampson  <cjs@cynic.net>   604 801 5335   De gustibus, aut bene aut nihil.