Subject: Help with NetBSD port of NFR
To: None <nfr-users@nfr.net>
From: Kenneth Scott Bethke <kbethke@shell.ezy.net>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/04/1999 20:12:09
Trying to compile Network Flight Recorder under NetBSD 1.3.2  Has anyone
had any success doing so?  I do get the same compile error under OpenBSD
sparc V2.4.

Here is the error:

Making in
/usr/dnld/nfr-1.6/nfr/nfrd
gcc -g -O -I/usr/dnld/nfr-1.6/nfr/include    -c parse.c
In file included from parse.y:16:
nfrd.h:209: syntax error before `regex_t'
*** Error code 1

Looking at the code in nfrd.h I see:

typedef struct pattern {
    char *              p_str;          /* the actual pattern */
    regex_t             p_regex;        /* the compiled pattern */
} pattern_t;

Looks fine to me..  is p_str possibly used elsewhere in NetBSD ?

I'd love to keep this app on sparc platform, and not be forced to use
Solaris 2.5.1..

-Scott