Subject: Question about Sparc2
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Kyle Mestery <mestery@winternet.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 03/29/1998 12:41:40
Hi.  I am trying to replace my ELC with a Sparc2 to save space (no
monitor) and to gain more RAM (32 vs. 16).  Here is the problem I am
seeing:

The Sparc2 is headless, and I have a vt100 terminal hooked up to ttya.  It
has 32MB of RAM, and three SCSI disks.  I boot it up, and the first hting
that gets printed on the console is:

WARNING: Unable to determine keyboard type.

Fine, I have no keyboard hooked up.  THe next thing that gets printed out
is  PADDR = 00fe0400 expected = 00000000, Observed = 00000010 (Some
garbage here)

Am I correct in assuming the RAM is bad in this Sparc2?  THanks for any
information.

--
Kyle Mestery
StorageTek's Network Systems Group