Subject: Re: New hardware: Tadpole.
To: None <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>
From: David S. Miller <davem@jenolan.rutgers.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/12/1997 11:19:26
   Date: Sun, 12 Jan 1997 08:26:26 -0500 (EST)
   From: David Gilbert <dgilbert@jaywon.pci.on.ca>

	   Just a couple of return shots before we return to our
   regularly scheduled NetBSD talk.

Shots, there were no shots.

   Me> 	   Do I have any hope of getting NetBSD on this?

   David> We have it running under SparcLinux on SPARCbook 1's at this
   David> point.

To reiterate "We have the support, come take a look and learn how the
hardware works, feel free to do so in fact.  Also, here is some
informative stuff about how easy it is to get info out of the vendor
as well."

	   Probably good for code mining :), but linux isn't interested
   in supporting a fair number of my platforms.  Even if it were, the
   default choices of every linux distribution I've tried are definately
   NOT for a production machine.  That all said, I wasn't aware that
   Linux was entering the microkernel market and running NetBSD on top...

Ho hum, this is the last time I will be spit in the face.  I am
unsubscribing from all netbsd lists and will not be making any
postings to them ever again.  Alot of you will say "good riddens" and
thus you will have your wishes come true.

Yow! 11.26 MB/s remote host TCP bandwidth & ////
199 usec remote TCP latency over 100Mb/s   ////
ethernet.  Beat that!                     ////
David S. Miller, davem@caip.rutgers.edu /_____________/ / // /_/ ><