Subject: Re: Drive formatting...
To: matthew green <mrg@eterna.com.au>
From: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 01/07/1997 22:25:25
On Wed, 8 Jan 1997, Allan wrote:

>    the SCSI card... Perhaps NetBSD doesn't know how to cope with the card that I
>    have? I'd hate to learn that I need to somehow find myself a copy of SunOS
>    after I've spent all this time working on getting NetBSD working. :)

I'd find that hard to believe.  It is a SCSI interface after all; it
shouldn't require a new driver.  It may require a few SCSI `tweaks' as we
like to call them.  I'd make sure that the device is plugged into the SCSI
chain before we delve further into the details.

It would be helpful if you could boot a SunOS kernel and show us what it
finds.  This is a trivial matter; all you would need is the 'vmunix' file
from one of the SunOS distributions.  After you tweak the magic number on
the header, you can boot it using any of the NetBSD bootloaders.  I'm sure
there's a way we could make one of these kernels appear somewhere =)

-J