Subject: Re: NetBSD, Sparc LX and parallel port
To: Jeremy Cooper <jeremy@broder.com>
From: Aaron Brown <abrown@eecs.harvard.edu>
List: port-sparc
Date: 08/14/1996 22:11:27
On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, Jeremy Cooper wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Aug 1996, matthew green wrote:
>
> > there is no bpp (parallel) driver for netbsd/sparc.  there may
> > be at some stage, if someone writes it.  :-)
>
> I think the parallel port on the 3/80 is the same device.  You can
> probably expect to see it when port-sun3x is complete.

Hmm...I don't know much about the Sun3* machines, but the sun4m bpp
is based on the same DMA chip used by the espdma SCSI and ledma ethernet;
I didn't think the sun3's had these. Or is the sun3x something completely
different?

The 4m driver would probably be pretty easy, actually, mostly cut-and-paste
from the scsi/ethernet drivers. Unfortunately, I don't have an
appropriate setup for testing, as well as many more important things
on my queue right now...

--Aaron