Subject: Solaris support buggy?
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Jake Hamby <jehamby@lightside.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 05/28/1996 11:31:45
This is not a big issue since the SunOS compatibility is so good, but
why is it that I can't seem to run any Solaris 2.5 programs under
NetBSD-current?  I mounted a Solaris /usr partition under /emul/svr4/usr
and tried to run "ls".  Nothing, it just gives the prompt back.  Solaris
"echo" worked okay, big deal..  Then I tried to run "ksh", and the kernel
panicked with a data alignment fault.

Is there something obvious I am doing wrong, or perhaps has there been
some change between Solaris 2.4 and 2.5 that has broken compatibility?  I
am mostly interested in Solaris compatibility, not for SPARC, but because
I want to add the SVR4 emulation to FreeBSD on i386.  I want to test SPARC
Solaris emulation at work to see how NetBSD's emulation works, mainly for
this reason.  Thanks!

---Jake