Subject: question about netboot
To: None <port-sparc@NetBSD.ORG>
From: Marc Ramirez <mrami@mrami.com>
List: port-sparc
Date: 04/25/1996 02:46:54
I just fell into two old SS1's with SunOS 5.5, and I'd like to get
something better on them.  However, I don't want to blow the disks away
just yet, so I was wondering if I could simply install the sparc
distribution on my Intel box and netboot it.

If the answer to the above is "yes," what file do I need to put in my
tftp server?  I tried /netbsd, but I get "The file just loaded is
intended for a different CPU type" on the sun.

I'm really a PC weenie, so any info would be appreciated. :)

Marc.

--
Every journalist has a novel in him, which is an excellent place for it.